Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Would it be hard to tattoo over scars?

Ive recently had a lung biopsy and 2 chest tubes and have 5 scars on my right side under my arm pit and my question is. Is it more harder to have scars tattooed over? Im not going to get that particular part tattooed but later on in life I may have more scars in different places that I want covered up. Please don%26#039;t respond if you have no idea what I%26#039;m talking about. Advice from professionals will only be taken into account so don%26#039;t waste your time. Thanks in advance|||Scars are hard to tattoo over, but not impossible. The tattoo ink doesn%26#039;t absorb as well as an area of skin that doesn%26#039;t have a scar. Your tattoo artist will problebly have to do something like a seconds coating to make sure the color won%26#039;t fade out. If you do get more scars and you want to get a tattoo over it, I suggest going to a very good tatoo artist. They will know better on how to tattooo over scars. If your scar is a bit disformed, the tattoo artist might have a little bit of trouble. Don%26#039;t worry about it. You can still get a tattoo over scars.|||after my aunt healed from breast cancer she went with me to have my belly button pierced and the she asked the artist about tattooing over the scar and the tattoo artist did not recommend it. Not only can it be more painful but the scar tissue tattoos different then healthy skin.|||http://www.malutattoo.com/FAQ.htm





It%26#039;s a pretty good FAQ.|||scar tissue does not hold color or tattoo ink nice and does not really look good so i would not try it|||Scars are hard to tatoo over because the scar does not absorb the ink very well. It kind of depends on the kind of scar and how bad it is , I would guess.|||I think that not only is it harder, but more painful. I am interested to see what professionals have to say about it too, since I have several scars from huge health issues as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment