Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can u explain a time n ur life when u were spanked? Did it leave emotional/physical scars? Would u/Do u spank?

I remember being spanked, quite often! Of course it did not leave any emotional or physical scars. Please, that would be called abuse. I really do believe that people go so overboard on this whole %26quot;to spank or not to spank%26quot; ordeal. I have four children and I can guarantee you that each one have received their fair share of spankings. %26quot;Spare the rod, spoil the child%26quot;. And that is God%26#039;s word. It is not abuse. Each time our children understand why they are receiving this form of discipline. And I can assure you that they respect, not fear, us for this. How do I know, because they are not scared of us. We have a lot of fun together as a family, we spend ample time together every day. And they will tell you that they understand. No, they have not been brain washed either! Every time we go somewhere people always comment on how well behaved our children are, while other children are running amuck, screaming at their parents and even hitting them! My children know what would happen should they cross that line! So, yes, I do spank and will continue doing so when necessary. Yes, I do use other forms of discipline and spanking is the last resort. Those of you who disagree, I truly am sorry. We can agree to disagree. God Bless!|||I vividly remember being spanked at 2 or 3 alot..I lost respect from my mum in a certain way..It made me feel she was out of control and selfish and I had to hide stuff from her.|||I was spanked occasionally when I was a kid.





My problem wasn%26#039;t so much the fact that I was spanked so much as some of the stuff I was spanked for. For example, I didn%26#039;t like peas...still don%26#039;t. If we had peas for dinner and I didn%26#039;t eat them, I got spanked. (In other words, I got spanked every time we had peas for dinner, because I could never manage to choke them down.) I didn%26#039;t think that was fair then, and I still don%26#039;t think it was fair now. I love vegetables...the only vegetable I don%26#039;t like is peas. It just doesn%26#039;t seem spank-worthy to me if you have a kid who generally eats healthy but just doesn%26#039;t happen to like peas.





Actually, I still resent my parents a little for that. lol If I%26#039;d done something really bad, then I don%26#039;t think I%26#039;d resent them. But the fact that I didn%26#039;t like peas...eh, who cares? I%26#039;d never spank my kids for something as trivial as that.|||I got spanked for %26quot;big%26quot; stuff. I cheated in second grade and got spanked for that. I never cheated again. :) I am doing the same with my children. Something very bad gets spanked, everything else gets other types of punishment.|||No scars just memories of hard lessons learned. Spanking in my childhood home was used as a consequence, not a stress reliever. %26quot;This is what you did, this is why it%26#039;s wrong, and a spanking is the consequence for breaking this rule%26quot;. I loved and respected my parents (%26amp; still do). Currently my husband and I are giving our children the same oppturnity at a good upbringing as my parents gave me. That includes a occational spanking.





Spankings by mentally compatent parents are NOT given in anger. Quite frankly, of all the people I know that do spank, I don%26#039;t know many who would ever spank their child out of anger.|||I was 13, my friend%26#039;s big sister caught me smoking and told my mom when she came to get me. My mom didn%26#039;t say a word and just went by the smoke shop, picked up ciggartes (she didn%26#039;t smoke) and drove home. She spanked me with a belt and told me if I ever smoked again she would make me eat the ciggartes (in the pack). I don%26#039;t think it left a emotional scar (I didn%26#039;t do it EVER again though) and no physical scars. I think that I would spank but not as the ONLY form of displince|||Yes I was spanked as a child and it didn%26#039;t leave any scars. I spank my children occasionally too. Not for little things. Little things they get time out or things taken away. They get spankings for running in the street or handling things they are not supposed to. I use it for the ultiments. The ones that I want them understanding are never to be done because it can harm them. We have a game in the store. If I see your butt when you are in the back of the cart it gets spanked. It took two times of sitting in the back and trying to stand up. Neither of my kids have tried it since. They are 2 and 4. There are a couple thousand injurys a yr due to children falling out of shopping carts. Things like that. They are great kids. There is no abuse sympotoms they are showing and are great in their preschool. I believe that part of the reason there is so meny kids going crazy these days are because parents don%26#039;t want to %26quot;hurt%26quot; them. They don%26#039;t want to spank or yell at a child. I heard a parent the other day pleading with a 2 yr old to let go of another childs hair. PLEADING. And the kid was saying %26quot;No I want to pull hair!!%26quot; I am worried for that child if that mother doesn%26#039;t take charge of the child. It is survial of the fittest and kids are smart. If you let them rule you they will! I in NO way advocate beatings and abuse! But a spanking now and then is needed.|||I got spanked when my parents lost their temper, as most kids are.





I do not spank. I don%26#039;t think anyone really spanks with a calm state of mind anyway, so the theories of positive punishment go out the window. I use positive reinforcement and natural consequences whenever possible, and barring that, removal of privileges to teach discipline and good behavior. I have so far been very successful, although I admit this way is much slower and often harder than a time-out or a spanking.|||My dad used to spank me real bad and I still have this fear of him that I just can%26#039;t seem to get over even he%26#039;s always been the best dad and gave me a wonderful childhood. I still have that fear of him. My mom never spanked me and I still have complete respect for her but I don%26#039;t fear her the way I do my father. I would never spank my child. Popping him on the leg is one thing but spanking is another. The most I would ever do is just pop him on the butt.|||Yes my parents used spanking as a form of punishment. No, it did not leave emotional or physical scars (they never used %26#039;weapons%26#039; to do so) If you actually have physical scars from %26#039;spanking%26#039; I don%26#039;t consider that a spank.. that%26#039;s beating. My parents never spanked me out of anger, but as a last resort punishment and I was told why it was happening.


Yes, I do spank and in the same manner as my parents. Last Resort. With just my hand on the butt, with an explanation. It works for us, but I know it doesn%26#039;t for all parents.|||Ah I love these type of questions.





When I was little two maybe three years old, me and and my dad would have our good times and stuff but sometimes I would yell and scream, just to make noise or I would do something really bad, on accident (I was three I didn%26#039;t know what the hell I was doing). So my dad got out his belt and smacked me on my peach butt. When I started growign up it got more worse. And worse, it got ot the point where he wouldn%26#039;t hit me but hurt me emotionally calling me all types of names. He still does what he does today, a couple months ago I was in the hospital...and yeah it was not fun. I just...I hate my dad, I don%26#039;t understand how any parent who loves their child would hurt them like that, how would they feel if their child turned their backs on the parents and smacked them around?





Now I%26#039;m fifteen and I hate myself. I literally hate myself, and my body. I just hate the way I look everything. Now I struggle with trying to be perfect, and having a nice body, and just it%26#039;s not fun. I now want nothing to do with my dad, nothing.





My mother and I are in that same sitaution. Now her and I our relationship as a mother and child couldn%26#039;t be better. We love each other and our relationship is perfect. She worries about me a lot. And I%26#039;m not saying I%26#039;m a perfect child. I%26#039;m far from perfect but when I do get in trouble she doesn%26#039;t hit me or ground me, I never been grounded in my life. Me and her just sit down and talk about our problem and what I did wrong and how I could keep myself form doing the smae mistake. We do that while we%26#039;re going on our two hour walk at the park nearby.





So I%26#039;m messed up, but I%26#039;m still happy. Until I see %26quot;his%26quot; face.





blondie.|||when i was a kid i was bought up in an extremly rough and violent area so every kid was whacked by their dad or mum. but if i am honest when my parents hit me i would never do it again. and my kids now i slap them when they really misbehave and wont stop and it works they dont do it again because they know if they do they will be slapped for it.





but when i was growing up when i got older and my mum slapped me it didnt really hurt so i always had to answer to my dad and that did hurt! as for scars i had none but if i was to do anything wrong i would stop and think because i knew if my parents found out they would hit me.|||I%26#039;m from Georgia (I.E. Bible Belt) so spare the rod, spoil the child. I remember having to go pick out my own switch off the tree! I had spakings with the rod off of the window blinds, race car tracks, wooden cooking spoons, bedroom shoes, flyswatters, i mean you name it. Never once did it leave me emotionally scared! When I got a spaking, my parents always made me hug and kiss them and they would tell me (camly) why they had to do it so i understood. Now when we get together, somehow it always gets brought up about our funny spaking stories! When I have my lil girl, and when she get%26#039;s of age and messes up, i will do the same thing. I will paddle her lil hinney and then make her kiss me and i%26#039;ll explain to her why mommy did that!|||I was spanked, as were my siblings. I don%26#039;t remember any specific spankings, as I am now 39. No, I wasn%26#039;t scarred at all, neither physically nor emotionally. A simple spanking doesn%26#039;t scar anyone. If you are scarred, then you were not spanked, but abused, which we all know is a totally different thing.





My husband and I spank, yes.|||I was spanked.


I wouldn%26#039;t say I%26#039;m scarred for life or anything but I use to flinch when my mom would reach or move her arms in my direction. I won%26#039;t be spanking because i think there are more effective methods.|||My wife spanked me last night. I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment